Undergraduate Program Administrator
Summary of Placement Guidelines
- MAT100: For students whose highest SAT math score is below 650.
- MAT103: Math SAT 650 OR a score of 4 (or lower) on the AB exam
- MAT104/175: score of 5 on the AB exam OR 4 on the BC exam OR 6 on the IB Math HL exam OR B on the British A levels
- MAT201/202: score of 5 on the BC exam OR 7 on the IB Math HL exam OR A on the British A levels
- MAT203/204: score of 5 on the BC exam AND SAT math 750 or higher, together with a strong interest in math and/or physics.
- MAT215/214: Normally 5 on the BC exam and SAT 750 or higher together with a very strong interest in and aptitude for mathematics. In rare cases, 5 on the AB exam and SAT math 750 or higher: consult placement officer.
- MAT216: For students with substantial prior experience with university-level proof based math courses together with a very strong interest in and aptitude for mathematics.